I received a request today for a Red Pepper Hummus recipe. To be honest, I haven't eaten much hummus and certainly never made it so this would be something new to try. As soon as I saw Red Pepper, I knew I'd be a fan. I checked out a few different recipes and this one from Guy Fieri looked the best. Turns out I made a great choice, this hummus is unbelievable and simple to make! Thanks for the request Ricky, give it a try and I promise you'll like it.
· 16oz can chickpeas drained
· 6oz roasted red bell pepper
· 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
· 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
· 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
· 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
· 1 teaspoon paprika
· 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper and adobe sauce
· ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
· 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
· Toasted pita bread, to serve
Add all ingredients except oil and pita bread to food processor, blend until a puree, then slowly add in olive oil.
Refrigerate for an hour and then serve with toasted pita bread.