This past weekend I wanted to make one of my favorite dishes served at our local Italian staple, Parmas Pizza & Pasta (a must stop place to eat if you are in the Lewisville, TX area!). At Parmas this popular dish is known as the Chicken Murphy ... a chicken and spaghetti dish with onions, bell peppers, jalapenos and mushrooms in a pink vodka sauce. If you ask for any recommendations from the wait staff, this will be at the top of their list and you won't be disappointed.
So my plan was to put my own spin on the dish and see how well I could create my very own version of the Chicken Murphy...
Pink Vodka Sauce with Fresh Chicken and Spaghetti
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 lb. spaghetti cooked aldente
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper(or more if you like it spice like me!)
- 1/2 red pepper, julienne cut
- 1/2 green pepper, julienne cut
- 1/2 red onion, julienne cut
- 3/4 cup vodka(I used Absolut Peppar)
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (12 oz.) fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley (garnish)
Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. Flatten chicken; sprinle with salt & pepper and place in pan. Cook until chicken is completely done, remove and set aside covered.
In the same pan, add onions and garlic and cook until onions are translucent. Add the crushed red pepper, red and green peppers, red onion and vodka. Cook for another minute.
Add both cans of tomatoes and basil, bring to a boil and then simmer for 8-10 minutes. Turn heat to low, add the heavy cream and parmesan and mix completely. Take a few scoops of the sauce and set to side. Add the spaghetti to the sauce and mix.
Plate the mixed spaghetti with a piece of chicken on top. Spoon the sauce that was set aside over the chicken and garnish with copped parsley.