Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Stromboli

I was at work thinking of something easy to cook tonight and realized we had some leftover pizza crust that hadn't been used.  One of my favorite things to make is stromboli's ... super easy to make and tasty too!  I happen to have some chicken I bought earlier this week and decided to make one of my favorites: Buffalo Chicken Stromboli.


Buffalo Chicken Stromboli


















Cook Time: 45 minutes
Level: Easy
Yield: 2 servings


Ingredients


- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pizza crust
- bench flour 
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion pepper, chopped
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Frank's red hot
- ranch dressing (for dipping)
- celery 


Directions


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.


Heat oil in pan over medium high. Chop chicken into 1" cubes and add to pan; cook until almost done. Add Franks red hot to your own taste (I use a lot because I like it hot!). Simmer for about 5 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
















Lay flour on counter and roll out pizza crust into rectangle. Throw down the provolone cheese; add chicken and top with peppers and onion (I like to add more red hot). Roll up crust and place on greased baking sheet. Rub with a little oil, make slices across the top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  




















Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with celery and ranch dressing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this was so easy and unbelievable awesome! I'll be making this again for sure, thanks