• 5 small avocados scooped and seeded
• ½ cup pico de gallo
• 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
• ½ of a lime
• ¼ teaspoons kosher salt
• A few dashes cayenne pepper
Slice avocados in half, remove the seed and scoop out with spoon into a mixing bowl. Begin mashing avocados into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon. When about half mashed add pico de gallo, cilantro, squeeze the half lime for juice, kosher salt and a few dashes of cayenne pepper. Mix, mash and give it a taste. If you like a kick, add a little more cayenne pepper. As always ingredients can be adjusted to your liking.
Spicy Refried Beans
• 1 can refried beans (I like Taco Bell fat free)
• ¼ cup milk
• ¼ cup pickled jalapeno juice
• ¼ cup finely diced yellow onion
• 2 tablespoons diced pickled jalapeno
• ¼ heaping teaspoon cumin and chili powder
• ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
In medium sauce pan add all ingredients and stir. Turn heat to high while continuing to stir until beans bubble the second you stop stirring. Remove from heat and cover. Put back on burner over low heat for 20 mins stirring once or twice. Take lid off and let it simmer for about 10 mins stirring occasional until it reaches the consistence you like your beans.