Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuna Cakes














Kristi and I went floating the Guadalupe River this weekend and had a blast, however it took its toll on me.  I thought I would feel good enough to go to the store Monday after work but I was wrong.  When I got home from work, I realized I wouldn't be leaving the house again this evening.  So I decide to go through the pantry and create something with what I had available.

Back in the day I use to make this, but with fewer ingredients AND a lot less flavor!

Ingredients














•    1 can solid white albacore tuna
•    1 egg white
•    ½ tablespoon lime juice
•    2 tablespoons red onion
•    1 tablespoon jalapeno
•    6 ritz crackers
•    20-25 wasabi & soy sauce blue diamond almonds
•    3 tablespoons mayo
•    1 tablespoon dill relish
•    ¼ teaspoon chili powder
•    ½ teaspoon paprika
•    5-6 asparagus stalks
•    Salt and pepper

Directions

Start by putting crackers and almonds into a small food processor and chop to a fine mixture.  Next mix tuna, egg white, lime juice, red onion, jalapeno, cracker almond mixture(save about 1 tablespoon), salt and pepper medium bowl.  Make mixture into two patties and sprinkle remaining cracker mix on top.  Heat up clarified butter in saute pan to medium high heat.  Add the tuna patties cracker mix side down and cook for 2mins or until golden brown.  Flip cakes, cook for another minute and remove.

For garnish mix mayo, dill relish, chili powder and paprika together in small bowl for dipping sauce.  Steam asparagus for 4-5mins and salt to taste.

No comments: