Thursday, June 3, 2010

Easy Cream Cheese Chicken














Kristi always told me about this dinner she made back in college called cream cheese chicken.  Now, I've never been a big fan of cream cheese so it's not a recipe I would normally think about making, but last weekend she was craving this dish.  She went to the store, bought the ingredients and I made it (and of course added my personal twist to make it even better).  Pleasantly surprised, I came to find out that I enjoyed it much more than what I expected!  I was happy to have leftovers the next day and couldn't believe how good this turned out.   I'll be making this quick, easy and tasty recipe again!!!

Ingredients
  • 4 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts
  • 8oz light cream cheese softened
  • 4 slices of turkey bacon (Kristi's choice)
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/4 cups chopped scallions
  • 1 jalapeno seeded and diced (my added touch)
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter

Directions

Preheat over to 350 degree

First thing you have to do is flatten the chicken.  Another option is to butterfly the chicken if it is too thick to flatten.  Mix garlic, scallion and jalapeno into the cream cheese, form cream cheese into 4 balls and place each ball on a piece of chicken.













Roll the chicken around the ball, wrap with a piece of bacon and stick it with a toothpick.
 












Place in a baking dish and pour over melted butter.  Bake for 25-30mins or until chicken is completely cooked (this is why it's important to get chicken flat).

No comments: