Sunday, June 6, 2010

Scallops With Mango Jalapeno Puree














I'm not a huge seafood fan, but have decided it's time to start giving it a shot.  One of the first types of seafood I can recall enjoying was blackened scallops.  While looking through a cook book the other day for some ideas, I saw a recipe for scallops with mango sauce that looked delicious.  It was a very plain recipe, but seemed to be a good starting point.  I had some mango's at the house since they are in season and decided to run over to Market Street to pick up some jumbo scallops.  While in the vegetable area a great idea came to me, I'll add jalapenos and honey to the sauce, now I was getting excited!  This souped up recipe was one of the best I've ever made and highly recommend giving it a try!

Ingredients

Directions

Put mango, jalapeno, honey, milk and cayenne pepper in blender and puree the mixture.  Don't over do the cayenne pepper or you will make the puree too spicy.
  
Preheat non-stick pan with clarified butter to medium high.  Sprinkle scallops with The Salt Lick Rub and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.  This should achieve a nice brown glaze look on the scallops. 
*Hint: Scallops are done when the center is still clear and appears raw.  If overcooked, they become rubbery and tough.













Place the mango jalapeno puree in the middle of plate and add the scallops on top.  Garnish with parsley.

No comments: